The Combine Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Similar to us, just in the East of Vienna canola was yielding higher ( 2,1 to per acre)! Didn't expect yields that high. Wheat was a little bit disappointing, about 2,0 to 2.6 to per acre, but with excellent quality. How is it on the isle?

Later

TOM

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Tom, we have been cutting wheat this last 2 days and have had our best yields ever, one 45 acre block of 2nd wheat did about 3.7t/acre and the next day we only managed 35acres. This first wheat was the thickest we have ever cut. Our 1680 was crawling at 1.6mph with a 20foot header. I think it has done around 5 yes 5t/acre. I will post some pics of it soon! I hope the rest is like it. We are currently rained off!!

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Doorknob, we run our rotor at 400rpm, have the concave set at about 4, or no wider than the grates, fan at 500. We also lift the stops on the front elevator feed drum to let more crop up. We always chop the straw with the stationary blades down. The side knife is essential in a thick crop its just impossible without it, we run the divider down the sprayer wheel mark and cut in blocks. Also switch off the grain monitor as it can't pick up whats going on!!!!

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Usually we run the chaffer sieve at around 1/2 inch, really I just try to get my little finger ends in!! Too wide will cause the tailings clutch to blow. The lower sieve we close fully as the seeds can get through the small holes. Usually this gives a very clean sample.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.