The Combine Forum banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
8.60 at local elevator. I'm hoping goes up sometime this year but with so many soys in states not sure what will happen? I thought 10 was bad guess we've been spoiled lately.

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Where you located? Lloydminster is around $9.05 yesterday at Viterra. Don't know what ADM is. Think they will eventually put basis into positive territory to fill their contracts. Right now they are cherry picking on guys who need cash flow. I surmise they presold a bunch back in the spring and need to fill the orders. Hope I am right.

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
Whats the canola crop like? Basically if you are pulling off more than 25 look for it to plummet along with beans.
Interesting how last year they told us as the bean market was going up that canola had separated from the bean market and would not go up, then as the beans began to drop canola once again attached itself to the bean market for the ride down.:mad:

·
Premium Member
8,228 Posts
8.60 at local elevator. I'm hoping goes up sometime this year but with so many soys in states not sure what will happen? I thought 10 was bad guess we've been spoiled lately.
I would agree with that. I remember 5.50 canola.:(

However I did just sell a bit to a crusher for Dec delivery for over a dollar more per bushel. This is when your bins pay for themselves.;)

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
Gotta watch the crushers. At this instant December Richardson Yorkton is 9.20, Bungee 9.11, LDM 9.22.

Right here at Grenfell which is 120 km from yorkton Viterra will give you 9.29! Dont sit in a lineup and haul at your leisure.

Nicemustang do you mean there is a record canola crop in sk? Could be but wont break any records in se as far as I can tell.

·
Premium Member
3,107 Posts
Far from a record canola crop in the Yorkton area. People seem to forget to measure their yield against actual seeded acres, not aces harvested. I really like the people who brag about their yields coming from their yield monitors when they never calibrate them or maybe once a year. I find for our yield monitors to stay correct they need to be fine tuned 3 times a day against the scale on the cart. Easier to figure out the exact yield by using your weights off your cart scale.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Us older guys have been waiting for this to happen,prices dropping this is nothing new I have sold a lot of $6.50 beans when I needed $$8.00 to break even .We have had five good years ,back in the day when prices surged if we had them for 6 months that was it back then .5 years of poor prices I think we will have at least a few lean years to come .Now is the time to be very carefull with cost.

·
Registered
1,644 Posts
I didn't say record, but huge crop last year and good crop this year and ample world supply with good crops in other regions, theres really no need for prices to move up much, especially if soybeans are record crop. The crush capacity isn't even close to max either, which means they don't really need to crush more. Look at the signs guys, this is the normal price and I think it's going to fall more until we see what south American crop is going to do in jan/feb.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Crush rates aren't down because they want them to be. Rates are down because Cargill just finished their two extended shutdowns, it will be balls to the wall now. Can never crush enough there. Prices are down because they can be, why pay more if you have a 40 truck line up every morning.

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
We plan on storing quite a bit for awhile. No use panicking yet will put fans on to keep it cool. Seems like when a commodity is dropping like this it will never quit and always goes back up... Eventually.

·
Registered
4,799 Posts
Well yields here are through the roof and I'm hearing better than expected yields throughout Manitoba so I don't think there is much hope of a big price rally anytime soon.

·
Registered
459 Posts
and holding grain in bins , advertising it and hoping the price is going up is going to help how ?if people are so sure the price is going up, buy options sell the grain now and not be paying interest on borrowed money on grain bins ?
if everyone keeps holding grain over there will never be a clean out , oh , and then when the rail companys figure oil pays better and is easier to move when its cold and then the big crop is still backlogged when guys need it gone ,was last year that long ago???

1 - 20 of 44 Posts