The Combine Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Are preparing our tx 68+ for harvest starting shortly. Coupled to a honeybee front but can't get the reel to turn. Have run the front on our other 68+ and reel runs fine, so problem lies in the first combine. Have checked fuses and couplings but not sure where to start looking. Any assistance much appreciated?

·
Registered
442 Posts
The valve that controls the flow to the reel is in front of the hydraulic tank.
You can check the wireing there at the plug. The valve can be manually
activated by turning the screw on top. This will show if it is a pump
problem.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Check hyd. oil levels in both tanks if hydrostat drive tank is low reels will not turn at least this is was what used to happen on our 98 tx68.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Oil levels are fine, have tried screwing the top screw in and out and nothing is working still. Wiring appears to be okay, pump maybe the problem??

·
Registered
442 Posts
Ours has a filter on the return line from the reel circuit. It the smaller one
on top the tank. Could this be plugged. I would think it has a by pass in it
so the filter did not rupture and make a plugged filter not likley a cause of
your problem but Im not sure. If you crack the line going from the pump
to the reel speed control valve and no oil sprays out it may be your pump
or possibly a screen in the line that feeds the pump. If mine were not in
the shop 100km distant I could check what the coil ohms should be.
I cant remember right now what order the pumps are stacked in.
If it happens to be the pump farthest from the drive pulley it could
have a sheared off drive coupler. That would allow the other 2 pumps
to work but not the 3rd.

·
Registered
105 Posts
If you had the engine run while the header was off and the hoses not connected you will have air in the system which will keep the reel from running. It doesn't take much to happen and cracking the lines at the reel to bleed the air out will be necessary.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I think it must be electrical... giving up on it now and getting a technician to look at it. Thanks for your comments though.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Couple of things we have came to figure out with our Tx66 which is the same combine but smaller.

1. Turn off combine when attaching the hydralic hoses or else as stated air gets in and will nto turn hydralics.

2. The combine itself is manufactured in belguim? and the hydralics are different then North American hydralics. Honeybee is manufactured in Saskatchewan Canada. To bypass this simply turn on the header and push the reel speed (rabbit) and in a couple of seonds you will see your reel begin to turn. You have to do the rabbit everday at least once. Very easy to do.

Other then that have fun and let the girl eat as she will. Have a good Harvest well im freezing in Saskatchewan Canada

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Anybody know about hydaulic reel variators, for the TX? We can't find the right info about this stuff. Hooked up temporary power to the reel solenoid/valve and away it went flat out, so just are'nt getting power to the valve... now what? any help will be greatfully received.

·
Registered
442 Posts
On the no problem to the valve.
I dont have my books for a couple weeks so I cant give specifics on
were numbers and plug positions. First I would check the wire
continuity back to the computer. You would need the wireing
diagrams to do this. You need service manual for the machine.
Sometimes the plug going into the electrical bay just needs
blew out. Carefull you dont loose the oring in there.
Often just undooing the plug and looking in it and doing it
back up fixes it
. Inside the electronics bay box there will
likley be another connector where that wire hooks up to
whatever controls the valve and it could need checked.
If all ok it is a likley a bad board or something with the
settings.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Could that wiring thing be a similar thing that's going on with my header engage switch? It's frustrating that times it won't extend the cylinder to engage the header. Jumping out and pushing the button will sometimes make it extend and at the end of the season had to switch the wires and flip the unloading auger switch to get it to engage.

·
Registered
442 Posts
cowboy I had to do that exact same thing once,the switching wires on the stack valve thing.
That night i looked up what plugs controled that circuit and opened them and probably blew
them out and put it back together proper the next morning. It never did it again but not sure
if what I did fixed it or if it fixed itself. Sometimes if the cab is closed up on a really hot day
the electrical stuff will act up till things cool off in the cab after the ac has been on for a few
minutes.

·
Registered
105 Posts
I had that trouble on some +34 C days and then would work fine at night when cooler. Finished in Nov in -10 C when it acted up again and pushing the button wouldn't make it work and switched plugs. Guess I'll check that come spring time. I know that circuit was showing different numbers than the others on the tester. The wiring phantoms are hard to trace when they're intermittent.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts