The Combine Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Running a 9660sts and cts in yellow peas knee high. Wondering what your settings might be compared to mine. Was just going off of the pre installed settings. Doing around 980bu/hr with a few peas going over the rotor on the sts. Is this good? Header could take more. Can see the chopper spittin a few peas out of the cts, we have the slow down kit on the rotors wondering if speeding them back up might be better or worse?

·
Registered
4 Posts
i have noticed the same problem with the peas over the rotor on my cts2 and iam running the rotor fast where from moosejaw are ya i am from avonlea

·
Registered
144 Posts
We have been cutting peas with a 9750 for 9 years now (15 years total) and have always been limited by the header (Macdon 972 and last two years a 635f). Not sure of the bu/hour. Usually run the rotor around 300 to 350 and the spacing at about 20 to 25, air as high as possible. We cut a 30 to 45 bu crop at around 4.5 to 5 mph with very little coming out the back. Seems like we have more coming out the back when we cut too wet or run the spacing too tight. Not enough room for the peas to separate from the material. We have been using a small wire concave with every other wire removed and no cover plates. we just upgraded to a 9770 with round bar concaves for pulses and corn.

We are still a couple weeks out if we dont get any more severe weather. Last Friday we lost 2/3 of our lentils and 1/3 of our wheat crop from a very nasty storm (hailed for over 45 minutes with 90 to 110 mph winds and a couple tornadoes). Peas only saw about a 10 to 20% loss.

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well holy **** it is just shy of 2 yrs and I get a response. Better late than never.
I am at Tilney 10 miles from Briercrest. Regency will keep those settings in mind, and where are you at? Guys cutting green lentils here on the weekend and it will be cutting loose this weekend. I hope to be doing yellow peas although the heat took off a lot of flowers for us.

·
Registered
144 Posts
We are in the very eastern edge of Montana. Didnt notice when the post was made. Has anyone figured out the trick to getting the pods out of the sample with lentils? We are hoping the round bar concave helps with this over the modified small wire. Should be a bit gentler on them if anything.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts