The Combine Forum banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Super Moderator
3,918 Posts
Thats what everybody thinks Ebear but when you see how they are welded in, it actually prevents the straw from being forced through the grates
Do you have photos or drawings of location, weld placement etc.?
Think maybe you did before?

·
Registered
583 Posts
I would look hard at a smaller pulley change at rear rotor drive on flat belt (i think this is applicable on your model, not sure aabout 8000's. A machine shop can fix a pulley easier than 7500$ gearbox.

How effective was the keystock on the grates for you?
I didn’t get mine installed at harvest last year. New to me machine and everything was too busy going theu everything else I didn’t want to start a project. Will have them in for this year assuming we raise a crop this year. Terribly dry.

·
Super Moderator
3,918 Posts
Went through some old Profi magazine testing of the 770 in 2011.

0.31 to 0.52% loss. Huh.
At an 8 hour total of 84.48 t/hr.
So...capacity wise was anything gained in 10 years?
Not in losses.

Perhaps in fuel use, an 8900 last fall while peaking at 120 t/hr while drinking up to 110 l/hr of fuel so 0.95 l/t vs 1.2 l/t on the 2011 test.
But 1% loss in the 2020 test.
But wildly far from a same field/same time comparo.

·
Registered
678 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Went through some old Profi magazine testing of the 770 in 2011.
View attachment 162381
0.31 to 0.52% loss. Huh.
At an 8 hour total of 84.48 t/hr.
So...capacity wise was anything gained in 10 years?
Not in losses.

Perhaps in fuel use, an 8900 last fall while peaking at 120 t/hr while drinking up to 110 l/hr of fuel so 0.95 l/t vs 1.2 l/t on the 2011 test.
But 1% loss in the 2020 test.
But wildly far from a same field/same time comparo.

That wheat crop was only 41 to 55 cm tall and only 20-30 cm was going through the combine. Wow, a 41 cm high wheat crop here is probably not even worth harvesting. No wonder they set all those ridiculously high production records in Europe with combines.

·
Super Moderator
3,918 Posts
That wheat crop was only 41 to 55 cm tall and only 20-30 cm was going through the combine. Wow, a 41 cm high wheat crop here is probably not even worth harvesting. No wonder they set all those ridiculously high production records in Europe with combines.
Probably a 1.0 to 0.6 or 0.5 G/MOG ratio.
50 mg seed doesn’t hurt either to make easier separation and cleaning.
They have everything going for them.

Not so lucky with oats, did my heart good to see the 790hp 8900 could only do 40 t/hr in tough oats straw.

·
Super Moderator
3,918 Posts
How do oats harvest compared to wheat...straight cut only here? Would like to try oats but never have.
I haven’t harvested oats in 55 years when everything was swathed.
Like about 80% of total seeded area now oats would likely get straight cut.

Certainly was here

·
Registered
4,626 Posts
Welcome to my world! I was surprised by their oat throughput as well. Definitely envious of that fat auger and big hopper.
That’s the case though, sure don’t see the same acre and ton throughput as wheat. Now volume on the other hand can be intense. Our record is like 7 full 10ft by 300ft bags on one fricking day!

·
Super Moderator
3,918 Posts
Definitely envious of that fat auger and big hopper.
For some reason that 8900 only a has the 15 cube hopper, the 18 with higher sides and vertical fill auger as long as tracks and an auto greaser are also ordered on NA units.

Huh, the front extension is not properly extended, lol, my trucking brother took this spring threshing shot.
That‘s a 5XL auger, a folding 7XL now offered can unload 34‘ swathes on the outside of the next swath.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts