The Combine Forum banner

41 - 50 of 50 Posts

·
Ooohhh Deere
1,726 Posts
How about the opposite............... so glad I got rid of the XE Fairmont ghia I had.

The Aussie’s will know what I mean.

·
Registered
374 Posts
My 1970 Galaxy 500 2 door hardtop.
The only hot rodding going on was on the front seat.
The front seat would slide back against the back seat and
was just like a big couch. I'm glad the seats where vinyl. lol

·
Registered
194 Posts
I know it's not a car but I made hundreds of miles on it.
Since you posted a dozer, I'll 'fess up and admit that I miss my 1984 Mazda B2200 pickup with a rip-roaring 2.2 liter, 59 hp Perkins diesel. Yes, it was a gutless wonder but i ran over 400,000 trouble-free kilometers on that beast and it never let me down. Replaced it with a diesel Jetta which almost equally served me well.

·
Registered
2,857 Posts
Forgot about my Mazda rotary pickup, definitely not gutless, a acceleration match for GM 454 pickups!
Thanks for the memory jogger!
I didn't know Mazda made a rotary pick-up. Must not have been very many. To be fair regarding your acceleration comparison, the 454 engine itself probably weighed as much as the whole mazda pick-up.

·
Super Moderator
3,226 Posts
Correct, there were very few built, horrendous fuel consumption at the same time as the artificial energy crises did them in.
Only about 4 model years with the majority built in 74.
Low weight was it acceleration secret at 110 hp.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Forgot about my Mazda rotary pickup, definitely not gutless, a acceleration match for GM 454 pickups!
Thanks for the memory jogger!
Glad I could jog your memory, Don! ;-) I didn't realize they put the Wankel in a pickup. Mazda skipped a 1985 model and changed the body-style in 1986 thru to 1993. (Ford built the Mazda's from there on) AND....to add even more confusion, they built a 1986 B2200 but it was a gas engine, though again mine was the B2200 diesel. Totally different trucks with NO commonality whatsoever.

41 - 50 of 50 Posts