The Combine Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a case 1070 that is reading a low transmission pressure.

I have replaced both the red and white filters with no change.

Where is the pump that puts out the trans pressure? Is it the one that bolts on to the back of the tractor above the pto or is that just for the hydraulics?

·
Registered
3,595 Posts
I believe the hydraulic pump at the back produces all the oil for hydraulics and for the transmission/PTO system. We also had an issue with slightly low pressure on the dash gauge and confirmed by a mechanic that hooked up a gauge at the pressure relief block on the side of the tractor of our Case 970 ( old style ) that is just behind the filters I think. A spacer was put into that block, actually somehow a cotter pin inserted through a hole in the plug where the spring is because its impossible to get to properly unless the block is off the tractor to do it or something along those lines. The gist is that an increase in the pressure on that relief spring in that little hydraulic block brought it up to spec again.

Here is a link to parts online to Case and just search for your model and serial break and go to the hydraulic section and you should see the block I was referring to.

Official Case IH Online Parts Store and Case IH Catalog for Best Parts Search and Best Parts Look Up. Case IH Parts for Case IH Tractors, Case IH Combines, Case IH Tractors, Case IH Manuals, Case IH Parts

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.