The Combine Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What all is envolved when sitting this on a trailor and moveing from field to field hooking it up and unhooking

Do i pull up to the trailor when im done in the field

Unhook the hose's and connectors and turn the lock for the wings then sit the head on the ground.

Pick it up and then sit it on the trailor?

Do i also have to lock the adapter so that it doesn't hang down far?

Just curious

Also who's the idiot who made the adapter
?

I can hardly get the boomers to break over and lock properly.

thanks ahead of time...

·
Registered
316 Posts
Is this what you are looking for......

I know it's the Case pg but this is the only picture of my header on a combine

Forget about MadDons transport, use a trailer if you cann't get the headers down the road. They unhook like an auger head does.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I would agree about the factory MacDon transports. They work good if you are only to use the transport once a year or so, otherwise you will not like using them for every time you need to go down a narrow road.

Here's a setup from Johnson Harvesting that hauls 2-2062 CaseIH heads at once.

·
Registered
3,334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
And yeah we have header trailors to set them on

Weve heard there own on the head is not a good way to go.

Also im talking about the float lock out and unlock...the two white handles

i sat the head down on the trailor and it looked like a big frown

So i took it off and locked the head float in place and set it on the ground then put it back on the trailor and it work's great

Just curious if im going to always lock that in place like i did every time we go into a field

·
Registered
316 Posts
Is your header frowning when it's raised on the combine. If it is then the frown, smile needs adjusted. The white handles should snap in and out with the cutter bar at about a foot off the ground.

I usually lock my white handles and lock in my float when I unhook. I only raise my header about 12-18" off the ground so every thing locks in. If you get to high the float will not lock where it's suppose to.

·
Registered
405 Posts
Quote:I would agree about the factory MacDon transports. They work good if you are only to use the transport once a year or so, otherwise you will not like using them for every time you need to go down a narrow road.

Here's a setup from Johnson Harvesting that hauls 2-2062 CaseIH heads at once.

Just wondering how stable that trailer is?

·
Registered
3,334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ahhh thanks hopalong

So just leave the head a few feet up off the ground and they should lock into place

Yeah we figured out that it wouldn't lock into place if it was in the air real high

·
Registered
2,199 Posts
That double header trailer is just fine a 75 MPH. I will warn you though, you don't want to pull it with a pickup truck. With the two headers and then the weight of the trailer, it is fairly heavy. Johnson's pull it around behind a combine which is behind a semi, or pull it with one of the service trucks.

The only issues we saw that I remember were on roads where there was a lot of crown in the one lane you were driving in. In those cases, the narrow front axle wanted to jump around a little more from side to side.

-Lance

·
Registered
2,118 Posts
Just depends, if you're moving where you have to drop headers we would usually drop them on single header trailers but if we had to move long distances we would just set the headers on the trailer but not fold them up.

They fold using the hydraulics on the combines. You use the fore/aft reel adjustment to fold them up/down. It has two cylinders on the ends of the trailer that push the header upwards or let them down easily.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts