The Combine Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im a bit struggling about header question. Is it worth to go from 20feet auger (1030) head to 30ft auger head? Im cutting barley, wheat, canola. Combine still have elephant ears. Have plans to get Kile rotor front. Sometimes the 20ft looks very bad when you need to feed right. It makes some bunch of canola and then goes in. For sure auger stops :D
Im located in Europe.

·
Registered
926 Posts
Not knowing what all crops and how much straw you have . I know when I got laying down barley usually on a draw or headland and a crap load of straw I am wishing I had a smaller Head I have 30 on most more normall dry years I wish I had a bit bigger except in the hills and draws .with that being said I do have a Kiel front and what a difference that makes. You will be mad that you did not do that years ago.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Last year i had wastegate issue. Now i found that. Anyway ir barley that head was maxed out even without power because i was running in 2nd gear till end. Thats about 9 km/h. In rye where lot of straw is im running with 6km/h. Canola now is about the same 5-7km/h depending on load. So guessing that Kile will help a lot, then 20ft would be maxed out. I dont like to run with 9km/h (5.6mph).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.