The Combine Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,750 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was spraying, got to the end of the field, started again except it didn't!

The screen thinks it is spraying (the nozzles show up as spraying, and the Capstan EVO thinks it is spraying too. But it isn't. The Ball valves on the booms aren't turning and Aim Command isn't clicking. Have replaced the application harness from the cab to the boom which I was assured would fix the problem (that was a nice drive for dad to Estevan and back). The boom relay has been replaced too. Product Node is fine (swapped with a neighbor). It seems like we aren't getting power to the booms but not sure where to start. Tried buying a schematic online but didn't show up, no one answers emails but amazingly the money is gone!

Have already spent a day of service troubleshooting with Rocky with no luck, and the new harness. It is approaching the cost of an E bike and it still doesn't work!

Does anyone have any ideas?

·
Premium Member
5,567 Posts
Wow. Let us know what solves this. I would get a hold of captain if you haven't and try trouble shoot with them. Some of their reps are very knowledgeable.

·
Registered
4,286 Posts
On my 4430 there's a larger breaker in the battery box (something like 60 amp) that feeds power to the Aim Command or Aim Command Pro system. One time I had the bolt come loose on the main feed wire and it tripped the breaker, shutting it down. There are also various other large fuses in the battery box that are worth checking. Aim Command requires a ton of power, so it needs a direct line to the battery. That's where I'd start looking.

To be clear when you shut off Aim Command, the ball valves still won't move?

·
Registered
592 Posts
Years back the flea beetles were heavy on the canola, a product control node quit working, my old man was ready to rip out the raven 440 rate controller and just run the 1254 on ground speed and pump pressure. Luckily we got one same day.

Pretty sure if we went through what you're going through he would just light the whole thing on fire and get a different sprayer.

Hope you get it sorted out buddy

·
Premium Member
5,750 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I am thinking it is my Accuboom node. I bypassed it (the harness just plugs together under the cab) and the valves turn again. I think the AIM won't work without it, but at least I have another place to look again.

Will start there again in the morning. To be clear, I haven't spent a pile of time on it, just long enough to get frustrated and then I go seed winter wheat.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Feel your pain Andy,,,hope you get it figured out....sounds like you are gaining a bit anyway. We had issues this summer on our 4430....Torriem was a great help. Wife managed to download an Electrical and Hydraulic Schematic ad part of a TECH MANUAL DOWNLOAD. Please let me know if interested in the download site.

Nothing worse than having a nice fancy Sprayer and the SOB wont work. PS... we are are seeding HRW here as well,,,,,prepping to spray hoppers,,,,worse we have ever seen here currently.

·
Premium Member
5,750 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks Guys. I have Redhead coming this week to have a look at it. I think I am as far as I can go without throwing a bunch more parts at it. So the guys with the right tools to plug into it can get it figured from here. We did get a half inch of moisture so I can keep on putting seed in the ground.

·
Premium Member
5,750 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
So after all of this, Rocky came out again and nailed it so I've gotta give them props.

He noticed that the Accuboom node on the front axle (they are all moved now but mine!) had the right 5 lights on but the HC was a bit dim. So he started tracing wires and found out that although the fuse was passing volts, the current wasn't high enough. The fuse was good, but there was corrosion in the bottom of it that didn't allow enough current to pass.

The bad thing is that because accuboom is an option it isn't shown in the service manual wiring diagrams, and the fuse holder is kind of hidden in a bunch of wires under the cab.

But although it was a bunch of money, at least it is fixed. So don't assume because the fuse is good that everything is good.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts