The Combine Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybody have experience with a Case 500 Precision Disk drill? What crops did you plant with it? Any help appreciated.

·
Premium Member
8,044 Posts
I have the blue version of this drill. Overall I am happy with it.

If I had to complain about something it would be the hose they use for the secondary lines, it tends to bunch seeds and generally not flow product as well as a rigid hose. Also got some seed bounce in my soybeans with it, looking into seed brakes for next year. If you have a heavy wet soil the packer may not close the furrow, I put on a couple of spiked closing wheels and they were better.

Best for last! The machine is very accurate and very easy to adjust and work on. I had a 60' with 7.5" spacing so there were 96 openers and I only had one loose bolt in all them. Great job by the factory/setup guys.:smile: After doing over 6000 acres this spring there is only 1/2" off the diameter of the discs, should get a couple more years out of them. We were in some very wet conditions and cut maybe 1.5" off the seed flap to prevent plugging. Excellent flotation, especially with openers in the ground. Pulled at 6mph but did do some canola at 7mph and it was just as good. Pulled really easy.

I am sure I forgot something. Any specific questions fire away.:wink:

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
How big a cart was it pulling, 3430? How big a tractor were you pulling with? How much fertilizer were you putting down directly with the seed?

·
Premium Member
8,044 Posts
1 - 5 of 5 Posts