The Combine Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi
i just want to give quadtrac owners a heads up on a potential problem, i have had a track tensioner pressure line fail, it turns out they are single braid lines, i replaced all four with dual braid hyd hose

·
Registered
715 Posts
high enough to drain all hytran out in less than couple mins when one blows. These sort of problems always seem to happen around here when it dark enough, cold enough that it really could make for a bad day so I had them all changed after first one blew as well. That was on 435stx with 2500hrs so think it a general quad track thing.

·
Registered
379 Posts
The penny pinching that goes on in agricultural equipment design is astounding compared to construction/mining/etc.

They sure know how to charge though

·
Registered
427 Posts
And at a manufacturing level the difference is possibly a $4 hose instead of a $5 hose.
If they were responsible for the oil lost up to 5000 hours they might do things different.

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
Yea we had one blow out on our 450 and lost most of the oil -- really made a mess of the tractor also . Got to change the ackela oil out though .

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i got thinking i was lucky it happened at the farm, what if it had happened moving it down the highway at seeding on a busy day or a late night move that would sure add to seeding stress

1 - 9 of 9 Posts