The Combine Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The 8010 (04) is ready for another season ,but plugging the rad is still a problem. Don't know how to fix this any idea's are welcome.
Has anybody tried to reverse the fan direction for a couple seconds?
Are there kids for this on the market ?

Snorton

·
Registered
236 Posts
Where are you from? That is not a new issue here in Canada,every year there is a changup on the cooling systems for the 8010's. We are having toruble with our 06 8010's plugging rads. They are being updated for the 3rd time. This time to the single plain type similar to what you will have. I sure hope it works better,we are cleaning every day now,sometimes more. Luckily we had no trouble with our 04 models. They would go a week between cleaning. We have a reversable fan installed on 1 machine but all it did was postpone the enevitable, and plugged air filters daily. it would clean the rad but unless you stopped and opened the door while reversing everything stayed in the cooler box anyway. We had our timer set for 20 min. If you want I can find out who made the kit and let you know. We had filled the cavity on the engine side of the rad box were the air to air and rad hoses go thru with expanding foam and that really helped. Our dead spot fans were changed to 1 long one that runs slower,it helped a little. We also cut the vertical edge off the engine platform (were the chaff piles up around the fuel filler) and that helped alot to keep chaff off the RAS. Im interested to see how the 8120's are. My advice would be to get on your dealer and area CTS case. They know there is a issue.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Redtech, the 06 has different fueltank and yes they get update's 04 is not that easy I have been told. I can run for 10-12 hrs then engine temp gets up.Was thinking reversing the fan and problem solved,but have to try somethig else.All update's are done on combine as far as I know.

Snorton.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts