The Combine Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am going to be purchasing a 1020 flex header soon, and it seems the oil bath drives are quite a bit more money than the greasebox. Is the oil bath THAT much better, or would I be ok to buy a greasebox model? I would be cutting about 300-500 acres/year on rock rolled land. I would appreciate any insight/input that you might have-pros/ cons of each.

Thanks in advance.

Patrick

·
Registered
352 Posts
Re: Case IH 1020 - Wobble Box- Grease Box or Oil B

i dont know if the price is because the oil bath ones are newer or not. we have both types of gearboxes and they both work really great just make sure to grease it and we havent had any problems so it just depends on how much you want to spend

·
Registered
998 Posts

What type of reels do they have? Bat, steel tine or plastic tine? Makes a difference to sale price.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

That's a good question.... I have not seen any with bat reels, but I have seen different styles of pickup reels. Some are the "pipe" style, as well as the other type. What are the pros and cons of each?

·
Registered
916 Posts

oil bath is by far much better . I never seem to have any problems with the old 810 head but when I went to 1010 been through a couple? I know one guy that converted a greese to a oil and he said that it was not that hard...

·
Premium Member
633 Posts

never had an oil bath both fail on me i have had the old open style explode due to hired hands not greasing things like i showed and told them too i just check the level and grease the rest of the machine everyday and go at it

1 - 6 of 6 Posts