The Combine Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I have a 1660 I am looking to put autosteer in. I have an Outback S3 monitor and E-Drive in the seeding tractor that we would use. We could just use the VSI Steering wheel but I would prefer to plumb in a hydraulic block. Outback does not make a kit specifically for the 1660 but make a kit for the 1666. I asked Outback if this would work and they just said ask dealers around my location to see if they have done it. No one had an answer for me. Has anyone put a hydraulic block in their 1660 and if so which kit was it?

·
Registered
456 Posts
I don't know why a kit for a 1666 won't work on a 1660. If you check out Case parts on-line the later SN 1660s steering system is exactly the same as a 1666. The earlier 1660's supply and return are a little different but I don't why that would matter. Compare them for yourself depending on which SN your 1660 has.

·
Registered
3 Posts
The hose lengths and fittings may be different for the 1666 kit opposed to what the 1660 would require. It would be unsupported by Outback Guidance as there is no specific kit made for the 1660. As for why the 1660 does not have a kit for it, I do not know. It may have been a rarely requested kit or there may have been an issue that would not allow Outback Guidance to safely utilize the hydraulics of this model. As a reminder, the 1660 is an unsupported platform.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts