The Combine Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Advice please!

Me boss was running a Case 2152 (2009 he says) Header with a Case 8120 Harvester.

I wasn't with him on the farm at the time but says that he was in the paddock driving at about 12 k's when the hydraulic arm broke and stucked into the ground :confused::confused:

The pictures he's showed me is of the arm from the hyds that assist in the raising of the header the ball type joint part (not sure if that helps)

It looks like its just broken it use!?!

Has anyone else had this issue or similar?! I don't think it was my bosses fault but be interesting to see if anyone has had this problem

·
Registered
60 Posts
I've heard of it happening hence why I and most others I know loop a "safety" chain around that area so if the link fails the chain catches it. Won't help much if low to the ground stripping when it breaks but will certainly help if tramming and it breaks.

·
Registered
355 Posts
Yea I've heard of a few breaking. Mine elongated the hole where the pin goes through on the header side. Very weak design. A heavy safety chain is a must from everyone that I know. Macdon hasn't changed it on the 12 models from my old 08 model. Not sure if stronger now.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks folks!

It sounds as though it is a problem ifs some guys are using chains. Should I direct him the manufacturer even though its a 2009 model or somewhere else? Its sat in a shed still

1 - 4 of 4 Posts