The Combine Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

· Registered
3,662 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
If you are updating your case ih corn head have them look at the deck platea..

Part number

They are a flat plate with the snow mobile scag on the edge. They will be better and less head losses.
Ask your dealer when they do the update if you can get the better plates. This will improve your corn heads performance but it will draw more trash into the combine but you will loose less grain...

· Registered
1,142 Posts
Over here in Australia 8850jd I'm not that modern but you can tell me all you know about IH 864 corn heads. I would love a newer one but we just don't do enough corn over here.

· Registered
3,662 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Well... other then that you have one.... I got nothing..

I only know what i have worked with.. 1083, sparingly, 2208, 2408 junk, 3408... which i got fixed to actually wotk right...

Sorry, ur corn head is probly older then i am.

· Registered
594 Posts
The deck plates on my brand new 3206 are tapered down a little toward the row with some round bar welded along the edge to provide a little lip. Dealer says that my head had the part numbers you provided as they are the only ones listed on his parts diagrams. Does what I described sound like what you are talking about?

· Registered
3,662 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
The deck plates on my brand new 3206 are tapered down a little toward the row with some round bar welded along the edge to provide a little lip. Dealer says that my head had the part numbers you provided as they are the only ones listed on his parts diagrams. Does what I described sound like what you are talking about?
No.. you have the updated plates... but not the matching part number..

The ones you have are the kit they sent out with chains too. They will be much better then the old modles.

The part numbers i put up are completely flat. With the ski scag on the edge.

· Registered
594 Posts
Ok. How well do the ones That i have work as far as head loss? Looking at harvesting corn any where from 0-130 bushels per acre due to the drought this year and every kernel is going to matter. I'm really grateful to have adjustable deck plates this year!

· Registered
3,662 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
Rob has the new updated case IH preferred, which I think are garbage. They are better then they were before,, but Case and New holland have the same head platforms.. So I started asking questions.

I don't know if the pictures will load,, if you can take picture threw text messages I can s

I can't get them to load,, sorry guys.. Ill try photo bucket and see if I can get that to work.

· Registered
594 Posts
Ok. Thanks for the pics. It helped to clear up a lot. When did they start offering these and why didn't my head come with them on? Head was built late winter/early spring. I was hoping to trade my new ones for the updated ones for even money but can't find any parts numbers for the tapered ones I have. The new part numbers are about $90 for one side and $170 for the other side.

· Registered
3,662 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Yeah thats right...

They dont really offer them.. they make them but case ih does not offer them..

We did this on a 2208 before our local dealership broke the head changing sprockets.. take an impact rench to the gearbox sprocket.. cracked a bunch of shafts... in season non the less. They were the same plateform as the new holland and new holland has flat plates.

I made a few calls and found them..

I will not let deere, case, dictate to me how i should farm so they can make more money.

· Registered
594 Posts
Dealer finally confirmed that the part numbers were flat plates but he said I can't trade my plates in for the new plates. Something about that case IH won't take back parts that have been put on a machine. Even though the machine has never been used. I could understand this policy for bearings, u joints, etc. But for deck plates??? So I'm buying 2 plates to try out on one row this year and see how it compares to the other rows.

· Premium Member
645 Posts
i decided since mine are brand new that the only way i will change them is when they wear out same with the chains ive never had issues with any aspect of a case ih corn head and my dad havine 800 acres more expierence than i do and he says the only thing he hates it the snout design since it doesnt pick up downed corn that well

· Registered
3,662 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I looked at the head shelling.. whats 2 bushels per acre over 800 acres
1600 bushels. At $7 is.... 12,000 dollars ruffly.. allso price varies... it doesnt take alot of mony... 300 dollars a row... a little math and u will be pulling the plates off

· Registered
3,662 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
We never had that kind of loss with our 1083 either. The newer heads run to fast and there isnt much u can do about it.

Thats why this is a thread about 3200-3400 head, not 1083

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.