The Combine Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone got any photos of the hard thrash concave modules?
I am thinking of getting some small wire modules from a wrecked machine and modify them upto the spec of a hard thrash module.
Has anyone tried this? What is peoples thoughts?

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,953 Posts
Has anyone got any photos of the hard thrash concave modules?
I am thinking of getting some small wire modules from a wrecked machine and modify them upto the spec of a hard thrash module.
Has anyone tried this? What is peoples thoughts?
I’d get Deep wire helicals from Neils or Harvestaire. They are very good.

Here’s a pic insitu

Attachments

·
Ooohhh Deere
1,726 Posts
I will post a pic tomorrow of the CIH module.

I “borrowed” someone’s Sunnybrook 1&2 concaves and they seem to thrash well. Stock AFX rotor with 4 Gordon bars.

·
Registered
4,091 Posts
CNH's hard thresh concaves I think just have slightly thicker wires than the normal small wire concaves. That's it. Those tabs on the back of the concaves are for cover plates, but I haven't ever heard of anyone using those in wheat.

If you want to add those tabs and try cover plates, you can weld on some normal bolt washers and that works pretty well. We use cover plates for harvesting alfalfa or grass only.

·
Premium Member
1,953 Posts
I will post a pic tomorrow of the CIH module.

I “borrowed” someone’s Sunnybrook 1&2 concaves and they seem to thrash well. Stock AFX rotor with 4 Gordon bars.
Hmmm ....... yes. I do remember this “borrowed” facility! ;):laugh:

Sunnybrook module setup is a very good alternative as well.

You’d have to ask Phantom9.90 of his comparison with the “borrowed” SB & OEM in durum & normal wheat?????

·
Registered
253 Posts
Not thinking I have a thrashing problem with standard parts in our conditions. But do have 12 Gordon bars sitting in the shed that did not go with the 2388. Has anyone tried them in an 8230. Don't want to have to remove them and rebalance during harvest. We harvst wheat, barley, canola, field peas, faba beans, chickpeas and lentils. Experince welcome thanks

·
Premium Member
1,953 Posts
Not thinking I have a thrashing problem with standard parts in our conditions. But do have 12 Gordon bars sitting in the shed that did not go with the 2388. Has anyone tried them in an 8230. Don't want to have to remove them and rebalance during harvest. We harvst wheat, barley, canola, field peas, faba beans, chickpeas and lentils. Experince welcome thanks
If they worked for you in your 23 & improved efficiency, why not fit them to your ‘30?
Phantom970 runs them.

·
Registered
9 Posts
The hard threshing concave's wires are bigger, so the gap between the wires, the whole concave is heavier them the regular small wire concave, heat treated metal been used... We use them is South Africa in wheat, barley, canola, lupins and oats... Get a more clean sample with the hard threshing concaves...

·
Registered
35 Posts
CNH's hard thresh concaves I think just have slightly thicker wires than the normal small wire concaves. That's it. Those tabs on the back of the concaves are for cover plates, but I haven't ever heard of anyone using those in wheat.

If you want to add those tabs and try cover plates, you can weld on some normal bolt washers and that works pretty well. We use cover plates for harvesting alfalfa or grass only.
The hard thresh concaves have more rub bars and the wires are a bit closer together. I’ve used the cover plates in hard threshing wheat in Nebraska. They provided some improvement but nothing outstanding.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts