The Combine Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have a 1998 case ih 8920 and love it. Seen an 8920 pro advertised that had 40 or 50 mph high speed. Is it possible to change gear in north american tractor to achieve this?

·
Registered
717 Posts
Signed on for the ride. Would be nice to be able to make a boxcar magnum keep up to our old 4430's on the road...

·
Registered
211 Posts
What? Those old mags would roll 20 mph down the road, never saw a JD that could keep up.
One of my most humiliating experiences in a tractor was roading a boxcar between farms and getting caught then overtaken by an old JD grader. Geeze they were slow, driving along with a foot up on the hand throttle to get every last mile out of it!

·
Registered
4,871 Posts
Wow, that is contrary to my experience! I could easily blow by JD 30/40/50 series roading. Neighbor had a 8640? that could run with it. 8920's would run 20-20.5 mph, 8940 could get 21-21.5. Slow in today's world.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Most graders can motor along for moving between jobs. Have an old cat here that can get along forward and high reverse is not slow. If it has been parked a few days you have to go slower untill the flat spots work out of the tyres. No differential, all drive wheels permanetly locked togetheron a grader.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Nah this old girl could only do 18 mile , even the combines used to have to slow down for it to keep up roading with the bin on. Old grader could do 20, took him about 2ks to get around me he was pretty chuffed with himself next time I saw him because normally everyone blew straight passed him

·
Registered
717 Posts
What? Those old mags would roll 20 mph down the road, never saw a JD that could keep up.
My 4430 will do 26, my brother's will do 27. My 4630 might get some gears flipped this winter as well.

·
Registered
425 Posts
I shipped a 7210 magnum from the uk. It will max out at 40 kph. It also came with a creeper set of gears which is very handy on a rotary ditcher.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts