The Combine Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We are looking at a 9370 with a standard 12 speed transmission. Any reason to stay away from this transmission? Are parts issues real? Should I expect to need parts? Tractor has less than 5000 hours on it and appears to be taken care of. Any other reasons to steer clear of this tractor or even a 9350 with a 12 speed standard?

·
Registered
9,738 Posts
I have little experience with that tranny but I have never heard of any major problems, if there is big equipment would find or make parts, I wouldn't worry about it unless you could find a powershift for close to the same price cause I know them trannys were about bomb proof and the convenience factor

·
Registered
1,568 Posts
Call Big Tractor Parts and ask about parts availability. My neighbor has a 12 speed, and it seems miserable to shift compared to the 20 speed in my green Steiger.

·
Registered
44 Posts
my neighbor had a standard trans in a TJ series new holland and got so sick of shifting it packing silage that he rebuilt his silage pit so he could just drive in circles all day.

If its just a field tractor then its not such a pain but its something to consider

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
certain parts are hard to find or non existent these days. Even 15 years ago there was trouble getting parts, we had a 9280 sit in the field for over a month because of this. Sold it shortly after getting fixed, but now have a 9270 with same trans for our second outfit. Makes me nervous having it around knowing parts aren't available if something happens.

·
Registered
44 Posts
certain parts are hard to find or non existent these days. Even 15 years ago there was trouble getting parts, we had a 9280 sit in the field for over a month because of this. Sold it shortly after getting fixed, but now have a 9270 with same trans for our second outfit. Makes me nervous having it around knowing parts aren't available if something happens.
Good to know as I go about looking for a new tractor to pack silage, thanks

·
Registered
15 Posts
9380 5300hrs here, no problems at all. I don't think the standard trans. can have a PTO or an atom jet pump. So if you think you'll need more hydraulic capacity eventually and do not like running a hydraulic pump off the engine, stay away. Other than that this tractor has been very reliable.

·
Registered
69 Posts
We have a 9370 with 24,000hrs and 12 speed transmission and this past spring had to change the master clutch inside the transmission. That is the first time ever touched, parts were easily available. I wouldn't be afraid of it at all

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.