The Combine Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,259 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. Where might one find the latest service bulletins for the CIH combines? I'm looking for the one about the afx impeller flight kit. Supposed to be something about the a bolt on kit to reduce or eliminate the stalling of material as it leaves the flights and enters the concaves? Thanks.

·
Registered
561 Posts
Ask your dealer for information on the weld on impeller extensions that replace row "zero" of the rasp bars. You mount the extensions to the rasp bar mounts then weld the flighting to the rotor tube. For 2008 they realligned the rasp bar pattern to create a constant flow or angle of rasp bars from the flighting on.

·
Registered
561 Posts
Yes all 30 " AFX Rotors used in the original IH chassis. I have not heard anything on the New gen machines. They also repatterned the rasp bar spiral to have a continuous thread from the impeller right through. The 24" AFX rotor was always built with the continous pattern according to the info.

·
Registered
3,259 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Quote:Ask your dealer for information on the weld on impeller extensions that replace row "zero" of the rasp bars. You mount the extensions to the rasp bar mounts then weld the flighting to the rotor tube. For 2008 they realligned the rasp bar pattern to create a constant flow or angle of rasp bars from the flighting on.

Thanks. That's the one I was looking for.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts