The Combine Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Where did you find this simulator? I am very interested in seeing this. Sounds like a good learning tool. I would think if you can get a general idea on where to start with setting a new machine you can fine tune once you get to the field. No computer can simulate all the conditions may find at harvest.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I came across it on caseih.com and they said it was available to order online or at your dealer. I guess every farmer that buys a new combine gets one. My dealer had an extra one laying around and let me borrow it for a few days.

·
Registered
619 Posts
Don't know about teaching setup for certain conditions but it can help you get accustomed to the layouts and operation of the 600 Pro screen. I will warn you it has a few bugs in it that can be frustrating. I was told it is not supposed to be handed out to owners without some instruction from a dealer first due to the bugs in it. It is used exclusively for training purposes and is not a fully finished version like what is in the machine. You have to hit the start/stop on the screen (acts like the ignition key) etc... before anything will work and error messages can come up repeatedly because the software looks for certain sensors that are not connected to your computer, like a GPS antenna if you say it has one, stuff like that.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hey 325 Mag, That is nothing like the one my dealer gave me but thanks for the link. Its a lot better then what I was given. Also Redhat that makes perfect sense with the sensors and stuff. Thanks for your guys help!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hey Guys,

Has anyone ever used this combine simulator when they were bored one day to get use to thier new machines? I'm having a hard time figuring it out and when I click tutorials it just shows me a picture and gives no info. I heard it was pretty handy and would put you in different crop conditions and help teach set up.

If I can figure out how to work it, is it worth it? Or am I better just to wait till harvest and get in the machine and have at er?

Thanks

1 - 6 of 6 Posts