The Combine Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a case ih mx 135. Tractor was working perfect. Went to back up nothing. When I put it into reverse just the Neutral light flashes. The tractor will still go ahead. The seat safety switch was removed and the wires from the plug are crimped together. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you

·
Registered
43 Posts
Check the coil on the reverse solenoid. Should test 6 to 8 ohms. The fwd, rev, mfd and diff lock solenoids are all the same so you can swap to test. FNR Valve is located under the back of the cab in front of the hitch. Clutch cable runs to the front of the block. Reverse is the solenoid closest to the front on the LH side of the valve with forward behind it.

·
Registered
420 Posts
If the wiring is still on the seat you need to check where it it meets the scissor part of the seat suspension because that is where it breaks and does as you describe. When mine started acting up I was told that the seat switch cannot be by-passed and will stay in neutral if you do.

·
Registered
43 Posts
You can bypass the seat switch, but every so many hours of operation it will ask for a key off by flashing neutral or alternately you can disconnect jump wire and reconnect to show the seat has opened and closed. Normally seat switch problems will effect both fwd and rev. Easy way to test if seat switch is faulty is by turning on PTO. Alarm should sound if it doesn't see the seat switch.

·
Registered
9,738 Posts
everything normal forward, no buzzer nothing, check reverser lever, solenoids, beeping and making you crazy check the seat sensor wires. I had a mxu 135, as it is a totally different tractor I assume the electrical system is similar, I ran it for 4500 hrs so I got pretty familiar with it

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.