The Combine Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We've been having a problem with the pto not working on our mx 170. For a while now it's occasionally not turned on but shutting the tractor off and restarting it seemed to remedy that. Now that's not solving the problem any more. When I put the lever on it will show green for a little bit like it does when it's going but then it starts flashing and the pto never starts.

· Registered
333 Posts
I have had them do both when the tach lead on the alternator is failing, not turn on at all or start then shut off after 5 seconds. The last one I worked on I checked the AC voltage at the W terminal, the bad alternator was putting out 4.5 volts which was enough to get a RPM reading on the dash but not enough for the PTO controller to activate the PTO. I installed a new alternator and tested the W terminal and got 7 volts AC. So I would check the AC volts on the W terminal, if they are good and you have a RPM reading on the dash the issue may be between the PTO controller and the dash if they are low replace the alternator.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.