The Combine Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a 1988 1640 Case IH. I'm looking at a bean head and am wondering what is the biggest size I could put on it. I've heard alot of people tell me to go with the 17.5ft 1020. I can't seem to find one in decent shape anywhere. i've found a bunch of 1020 20ft all over the place. Would my combine be able to handle that big of a head? I sure hope so, its looking very grim for a 17.5ft.

·
Registered
176 Posts
We ran a 20' 820 head in beans on a 1440 for over 25 years. You won't break any speed records but you won't have to worry about strippin the beans because of speed.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm in Middle Tennessee just south of Nashville. I think the reason most run a 17.5 is we have smaller fields and its more of a hassel to deal with the 20ft. head. I just can't seem to find a reasonble deal on one. Looking like we'll be going with a 20ft.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
We sure did, my brother is picking it up today. We got a good looking 20ft. 1020. I think we're about ready to start cutting our wheat. i'm ready to get in the field and try and make some money!
Thanks for the help guys.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts