The Combine Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok trying to make a deal to trade my 03 NH 499 haybine on a MF 220 with 25 foot header. I made a post about the issues I have found with it in the MF section.

its a 99 1200 hours 220 Reel is bent I think but dealer will replace it they say.
They want 26 grand for it.

Option two is a 98 Case 25 foot self propelled 25 foot about 150 hours more then the MF 220 has a macdon header seems decent all the way around except for lights missing them all (?) and the exhaust stack needs to be replaced as its bent at a 45 and split.

it is a private sale they will take my haybine on trade for the same price the dealer will give me. they want 24 grand for it.

So guys help me out any problem areas with the case or MF you know of.
and if both in good shape witch would you pick and why.

This is my first selfpropelled swather other then the 68 cabless 18 foot versitile we use to open fields.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
OK sounds good I was leaning MF and im buying it to do Canola The old man never planted canola to I would like to do it next year and the old swather has a small discharge and I can see now swathing Canola would be a nighmare.

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
I'd stay away from the massey . We've got a 220 and they are a really cheaply made piece of junk lots of problems with wires and hoses rubbing through -- just had to replace the ball joints onn the steering arms as they werent put in properly at the factory and the rubber isolator rubbed through the ball then chewed out the end of the threaded rod . SOO went to the dealer for new ones and got ripped off to the tune of 120.00 each ( needed both left hand threaded ones ) and got them home . Went to put them on the threaded rods and couldn't get them i more than 3/4" and they started to jamb up . Seems that they had an issue with the wrong threads being used last summer -- they used metric instead of fine threads -- So had to run 75 klicks one way to the dealer to get the correct ones with no remuneration whatsoever . really pissed off on that one . But just poorly designed and built machine compared to our macdon . ( the good swather )

·
Registered
478 Posts
8820 case is the biggiest POS I've ever operated
That off centre knife drive set up with the belt running 5 different ways is crap, and a nightmare to ever have to fix, old versatiles had a better design- quiter too

have gone to Macdons and never looked back!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.