The Combine Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone replaced the unloading auger turret bushings on a x230 or 240 combine?
Looks like the auger has to come off and part of the bin has to come off to get the elbow off.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Ok, you have to take off the auger first, then the elbow. Why do they need replaced? But I dont remember how we got the elbow off. Its been a few years.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Top rail above elbow has to come off to get elbow out is the problem, alot of work. Hoping someone had a short cut lol

·
Registered
3,963 Posts
Have never done one so take it for what it's worth! It is in two pieces, can you not loosen it off enough and with a crane tilt to one side, replace it, then tilt the other way and change it?

·
Ooohhh Deere
1,725 Posts
I have done that job on the 10’s.
It’s not too bad with two people and a good cordless rattle gun. Overhead crane or excavator for the auger tube
Forklift and pallet beside the turret above front wheels to stand on

you shouldnt have to do that bush until you get to 3-3500 sep hrs minimum, that’s when my pivot tube failed. Bush was half worn

the 30-40’s are bigger and beefier so do you really want to go in there?

fold your auger out then useing a high lift fork or similar and an old car tyre for a cushion, lift the end of the auger tube gently and see if there’s any slop in your pivot bush. Needs to be done folded out as that’s where all the weight and wear is on the plastic bush

1 - 7 of 7 Posts