The Combine Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for a jack to switch out the wheels on my 3330 CaseIH sprayer. I'm sure I saw a jack a while ago that was made specifically for Case sprayers. It lifted on the bottom of the suspension, not the frame like most others. Now I can't remember where I came across this online. Any help is appreciated.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Check out Mount Green Mfg. www.mtgreen.ca located in Torquay SK 306-923-4401. I have one of these and it works great, sounds like what you are describing.
That's the one. It seemed simpler than lifting from the frame. Do you find the tire hits the jack when positioning it? Does the jack have enough lift without lowering the onto blocks or jackstands and repositioning? Approximate cost?

·
Premium Member
919 Posts
I welded some scrap plate to the ends of an old 1688 feeder roller we had laying around. Put it on top of a wooden sleeper then the jack on the roller and wrap a chain around the suspension. I've replaced tyres, rebuilt the suspension and replaced the slides in the frame tubes on the 4420 with this setup for the price of some mig wire

·
Premium Member
5,262 Posts
Sasksodbuster that looks great. Is it fairly easy to drag around by hand to get it in the right position? What size of cylinders did you use? Thanks SouthernSK

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
Its heavy, we drive over top of it and are able to move it a little bit to get centered. We used 4" cylinder with a 2' stroke, lifts the sprayer easily with little effort. We also found lifting to be more stable lifting half the machine compared to only lifting one wheel at a time.

·
Registered
72 Posts
That's the one. It seemed simpler than lifting from the frame. Do you find the tire hits the jack when positioning it? Does the jack have enough lift without lowering the onto blocks or jackstands and repositioning? Approximate cost?

No issue with tires and no need to use blocks it lifts high enough on its own, very simple and easy to use. I have had it for a couple of years if I remember correctly it was around $1000.00

·
Registered
2 Posts
Here’s something we came up with and been using it for years on our last three case sprayer. Easy to use and really stable. Also fits around the hydraulic lines on the front wheels.

·
Registered
4,632 Posts
I'm certain it works but wouldn't try that one around here. You moving the center of gravity away from the point of the jack where its supposed to be.

·
Registered
3,823 Posts
No I don't think so. The load is straight down on the jack. The hook on the heavy steel piece absorbs all the bending load and transmits the weight straight down. In other words it's locked solid to the suspension link.

In fact I like the look of it better than the mtgreen jig. The reason is with the mtgreen jig, the weight of the sprayer is nearly all over the outside lip of the bottom foot. If you didn't have stable soil that looks like it could tip over (away from the wheel side) unless the mtgreen tool presses up tight against the sprayer link arm to resist this. I haven't seen one in person so I can't be sure. The homemade jig, on the other hand, transfers the load such that it is directly over the jack and whatever base you had it placed on.

·
Registered
4,632 Posts
You know what, I think you're right after looking closely at the pictures and was thinking backwards initially. I was thinking it could tip toward the wheel but the center of gravity should dictate against that and locked against the suspension like it is that should work OK.

Sometimes I have trouble envisioning things in picture form and think backwards.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I thought that looked sketchy as frigg when I first looked at the picture but the upon further inspection it looks genius to me

1 - 19 of 19 Posts