The Combine Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Cat 45 that is acting up. It will not start and when after I jump the starter to make it run, it wont move. The shifter is inactive. Gear selection means nothing on the dash. Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks,
Adam

·
Premium Member
2,051 Posts
Key turns on dash and everything, just won't turn over engine and transmission won't shift? I would look at fuses and relays first.

·
Premium Member
543 Posts
Sounds like an immobilizer type situation similar to a passenger vehicle, which often is a result of bypassing proper electronic starting procedures if a battery is stone dead. If you can find the reason you are being required to jump it, you'll probably fix the rest of it.

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
I'm guessing by jump starting you mean short the starter. I've had to do it lately with or 6410 because the neutral switch on the forward reverse leveller is acting up.

Im not a cat guy but I'd say you may have the same sort of thing going on.

But a new set of batteries never hurts.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The wire that energized the key switch behind the dash was getting an intermittent short to ground. Plus I had a fuse that was getting green. 2 different issues. Fought it all day.

·
Registered
449 Posts
There is a fuse in the fuse panel on the right hand cab pillar that is blown. My cat 55 just did the same thing. It was just a simple fuse. I forget which one it was, take a test light and check them all.

·
Registered
461 Posts
I've got a 55 that will happen to every now and then on the grain cart. Sunflower stock will pull the wire plug off of one of the solonoids underneath the tractor between engine and tranny. Need to plug it back in, shut off and restart. Just something to keep in mind.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts