The Combine Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking at a 2005 570R. I know nothing about them, but I have heard the lexion has great capacity. Is this model one of them? Anything I should look for as far as updates, wear, hours etc.? Pretty much any info on this machine would be appreciated. I currently run a NH TR98 so it would be a learning curve I imagine. Thanks.

·
Registered
880 Posts
yup i'd take a 570 over a 590 any day,
sure the 590 has more power but its got too much power for its own good.
my friend runs 2 570's had 1 590 and 1 480 and switched to 2 570's they are good machines.
hour wise well the less is better, ya the lexions I found were a bit of a lurning curve but ones over the curve they are awesome machines.
don't know which crops you are going to be doing but ya in canada here they are sure cats miaw.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm in NCND. Mostly grow HRSW, HRWW, canola, soybeans. Maybe peas and flax. Usually warm and dry during the day at harvest time. It can be tough in the mornings and evenings.
Is the lack of "jet stream" a deal breaker? Also, the combine has just over 1000 sep. hours. I would think it should have a lot of life left. Yes, no??

·
Registered
652 Posts
I'm looking at a 2005 570R. I know nothing about them, but I have heard the lexion has great capacity. Is this model one of them? Anything I should look for as far as updates, wear, hours etc.? Pretty much any info on this machine would be appreciated. I currently run a NH TR98 so it would be a learning curve I imagine. Thanks.
If you are intent on switching to a Claas from a TR98 you better look at a 480 at least if you want to match capacity...a 470 would be a huge let down I promise you

·
Premium Member
6,061 Posts
For the crops you are doing I would try to get the jet stream cleaning and a tm6 top sieve. A sunnybrook cylinder and impeller wear kit that are in good shape is a real benefit. Talk to the previous owner to make sure it was not a lemon. If these combines are abused or not greased it can cause a lot of problems. Check to see if the rotor bearings were changed and updated. A 570 is a good machine but not the biggest claas makes. In canola rotor covers are a must and electric ones that work would make your life a lot easier. Check to see if the concave a small grain or corn concave.

·
Registered
87 Posts
I ran a 2005 570 with 36' Honeybee. Great match, same yields as you. Make sure the impellor in front of rotors has been updated. Pull covers off front of rotor bearings to make sure there is good grease in them, it the grease looks bad, could be bearing replace. Not a lot of money, just time. There is a lot of hours left in that machine. I traded at 1500 engine hours and hadn't replaced any wear parts yet.

·
Registered
59 Posts
have a 08 570r . bought at 450 engine hr.s , now just over 1000.
4 harvests . no bearings changed yet.

aps belt twice and impeller belt once .

had to replace chaffer sieve before this season.800 hr,s wires just wore out 2800$

installed impeller wear kit , needed it , absolute must ,3/4 "wear in center. probably caused impeller belt failure. , trust me do not plug it

a set of chopper blades. they were due
had a 200$ module go on circuit board and had to get dealer to figure out and change it

plastic bushings on the cylinder and rotor variables, just in time at 800 hr.s
they recommenced yearly. cheap

thats the 600 hr. history

original rotor bearing setup so far . even greasing regularly , it takes 20-25
shots to have grease come out bleed hole on bearing.

other comments , likes and dislikes
awesome in canola. keeps everything and clean sample.
1.5 to 1 3/4 times a 2188/ 2388 maybe more

most wheat and peas all fine except HRSWheat have hard time with partial heads
white caps. i am going to have to put fillers in concave or something.
working on that one.

all those shafts bearings, belts are intimidating. but so far so good .

good things Quiet , smooth . capacity , built heavy, air cleaner, rad screens etc.
visible returns, moisture and loss monitors, clean engine area. hopper cover

bad or dumb things or just annoying
bad electric rotor covers , clean em up get em working , 2 days later they do not work. and every change up to make things work cost 2-3,000 $

bad the amount of crap that gets trapped on top of the rotors in the back. and virtually no way to clean it. at least it guarantees you will not have a partial loss due to fire.

annoying unloaded controls , virtually no neutral on the hydro handle .
Handling don boles said like the queen mary , i will say Exxon valdez.
but you get used to it

·
Registered
63 Posts
i would go with a 480, 480r, or 580r, we currently have a 480 and 580r and love them both, we had a 2005 570r and we were very dissapointed in it, not near the capacity of the 480 or 580, they have the narrow body and in 2005 they did not have the jet stream cleaning system and they also had a smaller clean grain elevator i believe,and a smaller grain hopper, the jet-stream cleaning system is deffinatly something you want, so my opion if u are going to go with a 570 get an 2006 or newer as they made many changes to the 570 in 2006, or get a low houred 480 if u can find one we love our 480 great machine anyways good luck with your decision

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.