The Combine Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
We currently run a 16 row 1770 box style planter and are thinking of upgrading to a ccs unit. Thing is we like the box style planters because of their symplicity, I really like the way you can easilly spot issues that pop up, and it appears to be gentler on the seed. How are the john deere 1770 ccs to run? What about White CCS planters?

·
Registered
913 Posts
While I have yet to run a CCS planter, we just got our 1790 CCS and will be putting it in the field shortly. I think it's going to be really nice to have and run, can't wait to get it in the field. It will be especially nice seeding beans with it, or fill it full of sunflowers and we could seed for days.

·
Registered
880 Posts
we have ccs.
its harder a little bit to spot problems with population i found because i never really run the ccs tank empty.
seed handling is little bit rougher but you won't notice that at in soys or corn, some guys say in edibles you do, yet to experience.
never had much issues with the CCS plugging except for that 1 time the old man didn't put the lid on good enough, then it becomes a nightmare.
you can have better weight management. If you would get a CCS system make sure you have it on a DB planter, the wheels are better spaced out and not in between the row-units.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts