The Combine Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey I’m trying to help a neighbour figure out why his 9070 keeps breaking sieves apart. He’s gone through over 6 top sieves in the last 3 years. Never seems to be the bottom ones. IMO it seems to be getting worst the first few just rattled the fins until they sheared off the last one broke the whole frame into pieces. The combine seems to run smooth but clearly there must be a vibration somewhere.
Has anyone had a similar problem and solved it?
Any insight is welcome thanks for your time in advance.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Check bushings in shaker arms. Also sieve alignment. I have mine re-aligned annually when in for winter inspection

·
Registered
32 Posts
trying to rember. If u pull top sieve there are 2 rubber bushings there on inside check them(might have to pull bottom to to see them)

checkthat them 2 osilating big bearings are good

·
Registered
117 Posts
The driveshaft for the shaker needs to be rechecked for wear in the telescopic spline. They wear out and then the drive is not smooth as the shaker shoe weight over runs the drive.
The bearings on the eccentric arms and the drive shaft need to be checked for movement/wear. The shaft carrier bearing on the rh side behind the eccentric arm is a likely suspect.
Inspect all of the bushings the 4 large ones on each side. 1 on the eccentric drive arm and 3 on the counter stroking arm. Then the 2 small ones each side under the grain pan and the 4 each side at the rear of the upper and lower sieve frames/boxes. I think there might be one more bush each side that links the grain pan and upper sieve frame.
The rear arms on the upper sieve can be set for different throw/lift angles. Most importantly check that both sides are set-up with the clamps and bushes on the same side of the mounting plate and the spacer block in the same position.
There is a information about setting this differently for corn or small grain machines.

·
Registered
738 Posts
I would check for slop in the gearboxes/driveshaft and make sure to re align the shoe. Loosen shaker bushings and spin it by hand a few times. Then hold it at top of stroke and tighten them up.

Local dealer recommends running in slow speed all the time.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts