The Combine Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone grown this variety? is it the best clearfield variety on the market? how does it compare to a brandon or a viewfield or a harvest?

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
pr has anyone grown any other varieties of clearfield wheat and have any experiences to share

·
Registered
966 Posts
Have never grown Abound, it’s been around for quite some time. I personally would never grow a Clearfield cereal .. have too much group chemistry as it is.
I grow Brandon, best wheat I’ve ever had. It has out yielded my durum for 3 straight years. Viewfield looks good, only draw back little on the short side.
Get a drier year could be like cutting a tall lentil crop. 😂😂

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ya the only reason i was considering growing it was to grow it after my clearfield canola now that they don't want you to grow spring wheat if you were short on rainfall. I would just spray it with my normal wheat chemicals and not use the clearfield chemical.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Would grow abound over brandon any day. Has good potential but needs a fungicide.
Ok thats good to know what did you like better about the abound than the brandon? you feel the yield potential is good on abound?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts