The Combine Forum banner

Cemos / Cruise Pilot Settings

11K views 45 replies 16 participants last post by  gm 
When the brain box plugs the combine solid who's ass do you kick!
The brain box hasn't been wrong yet...but the human was in trouble when picking up swathes and feeding in a pile and promptly plugging the APS;)

When used correctly it won't plug the combine, because you can dial in how thick a mat you want to feed into the combine...so it is always up to you to decide how wreckless you want to be;):D. If you haven't driven a Lexion cruise pilot then you won't know and probably won't believe what it can do.

Anybody buying a class 7, 8, 9 or 10 combine without a proper autofeed ie. cruise pilot is not using their combine to it's maximum potential. We won't consider a differen't colour until they have something similar to a Lexion;)

First, CA is only on 700 series and also has to have Dynamic Cooling as well as Cruise Pilot.

CA does not set cylinder speed nor concave clearance so cracking and/or unthreshed as well as straw quality is still an operator decision.

It does sense the grain separately as well as the rest of the material in the return.

Losses measured same as ever but used for auto setting.

Fore/aft as well as left/right angles measured and used to control fan speed for the chaffer.

I find auto separation of little use and in fact sometimes seemingly doing exactly the wrong thing, luckily separation has the least to gain from CA.

But cleaning is a completely different story!
The capacity, low loss and clean sample are incredible, I no longer make any attempt to best it, I'm hopeless by comparison plus I'm not going to watch it steady and adjust continuously.
Don up until today I would have agreed with you on every point especially on separation but today I was straight combining 60 ac of crap canola that was good 5 days ago and then we had 4 days of 70km wind and about 40% of it shelled out so I just wanted to get rid of it...usually I use both CP and CA but today I only used CA and drove manually to 90-101% engine load. Cemos started out with the usual setting with rotors running at 750 after about 15 min of running near 100% load it sped up the rotors to 970 and kept them there for the rest of the time, separation still maintained a clean sample by adjusting the sieves and wind accordingly but separation tried to slow the cylinder a few times back to under 800 but quickly realizing that it needed to keep them at 970 - 1000 just to be able to keep up the pace... I didn't plug and once I had the new girl to 103% for at least 500' with the engine lugged to 1750rpm and she recovered nicely when I finally gave in and slowed from 6 mph to 5.4mph.

As for CP not doing the right thing at night...it needs a little help and all we do is dial down the feederhouse depth and it won't miss a beat and it will run very smooth just like at 3pm in the afternoon. Just use the hot button to dial it back until she quits surging and runs smooth and you will be amazed how nice she keeps her running even in tough conditions (this is straight cutting, I can't speak for picking up swaths with lumps in them)

CEMOS works and works well won't have another combine without it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.