The Combine Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have 3 darmani bins that are 11,000bu each and they have the tunnel aeration in them. Its a pain sticking an auger in them with the cross bars in the way that support the tunnel.
I would like to centre unload them using my 3700 Rem grain vac. But I'm not sure what would be the best way to get enough air to make it work.
One way would stick a 12" tube in and then a 8" inside might work.
Or would running an 8" tube through the whole bin with an opening on the other side for air to come in and maybe able to set up a couple wells closer to the door, won't have move to many hoses during clean up.
Any thoughts or other ideas on this?

·
Registered
893 Posts
Wouldn’t it be quicker just to unload them with the Vac thru the door. Then throw on more pipe once the bin is hauled down

·
Registered
305 Posts
I have 3 darmani bins that are 11,000bu each and they have the tunnel aeration in them. Its a pain sticking an auger in them with the cross bars in the way that support the tunnel.
I would like to centre unload them using my 3700 Rem grain vac. But I'm not sure what would be the best way to get enough air to make it work.
One way would stick a 12" tube in and then a 8" inside might work.
Or would running an 8" tube through the whole bin with an opening on the other side for air to come in and maybe able to set up a couple wells closer to the door, won't have move to many hoses during clean up.
Any thoughts or other ideas on this?
Another idea is to sell the grain vac and use the money to buy a centre unload system and have full floor aeration. You would lose around 800 to 1000 bushels but then you would gain a good system with a drag running around the bin. Just a thought. Putting a hopper on those bins might cost too much though.!

·
Registered
249 Posts
Used a vac for years to center unload 12500 bins. Ran a pce of 8" pipe from door to center. Had a bkt welded at the top of pipe so pipe would sit on the lip of the door. Also reinforce the bottom inlet of pipe so it doesnt get crushed. Took some 3" ABS pipe and clamped it to the full length of pipe . About 10 inches from the bottom of the pipe I cut a 3" hole. Used a 90 elbow on the ABS and clamped it to fit in the hole. This gave me a positive air vent . When you need to unload just open the bin door clamp vac hose to pipe and go. When grain gets low just move the pipe out of the way and finish up with the vac. Did that for years without trouble. Finally did what OAt King suggested. Floors and drags work plus I got lots of aeration.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I would like to take out the aeration thats in my bins and put in a floor aeration and a load out, but I have smaller bins that I use the vac on. I like using that vac because its faster loading trucks at clean up and at full bin. Just want to try and use it more efficiently on the big bins.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts