The Combine Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Where can a person find a centerboard for the clean grain elevator on an L3? Agco says the number is obsolete.

Make one? anyone know the specific dimensions? Type of wood?

I'm adding a yield monitor and the current board is worn pretty good. Thought it would be more accurate if there wasn't as much space between the paddles and sheet metal. Thoughts?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Shantz Farm Equipment here in Ontario can make steel replacement boards. When I bought my M3 it came with a new metal board but I have yet to install it.

I could measure and take a few pictures if you like. Not sure if its the same size as an L3 but likely is?

Brad

·
Registered
32 Posts
I will measure and take a couple pictures later today if I remember.!!

What kind of yield monitor are you installing??

·
Registered
32 Posts
[/ATTACH][/ATTACH][/ATTACH]The board measures 110" x 7.5". Most of the mounting holes are on 11.5" centres and would match with holes on elevator. They have a 3/4" square tube welded in where the bolts would go thru. The one end is notched for the sprocket and the top end has a 45% lip on it. Hopefully I can attach pictures!

Attachments

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks. That helps a lot. Are the notch and the bevel on the same top end? Is the bottom blunt? What is the thickness of the steel?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Im guessing the bevel goes to the top bin side to help push grain over the top. And the notched end is on the bottom. The bottom notched end is blunt. Not sure on the thickness. Looks like regular sheet steel formed in to the board shape. Maybe 1/8?? Im no metal work guy!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts