The Combine Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We finished harvesting our 07 Winter Wheat crop last night. I now have a little time to share some of the pictures I took of our CIH machines in action, a 03-2388 and a 98-2388.

We started cutting this crop east of Pierre, SD. on July 5. We ran every day until July 14. Yields ranged from 45 bpa on continuous crop to 75 bpa on summer fallow ground. We cut a lot of wheat from 60-72 bpa.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Really nice pictures! Question: Are you about as far North as can be where the wheat can be cut with a header? When I went on a harvest run back in the 60's, at Aberdeen, this is where we picked up all the wheat with the wonderful "pick-up" attachment. Our stop before Aberdeen was at Winner, SD where we straight cut everything.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the nice compliments on the pictures. The first picture looks great set as wallpaper on my computer screen.

To answer a few questions:

trakman-I think you are going to see most SD wheat straight cut until you get within 80-100 miles of the ND border. They windrow a lot of wheat to mature it and keep the weeds from emerging.

cessnaguy-I don't know the details, but I am sure Diamond Ring is cut out by now.

hillcrestfarms-We farm around 6000 acres here (wheat, corn, sunflowers, millet) and do quite a bit of custom work for our neighbors when time allows.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts