The Combine Forum banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
370 Posts
what i want to try this year is only treating the outside rounds due to an excess of harmful worms/bugs wintering in the headlands, tree piles and slough grasses. With "the pink ****" haha

Also i will be testing other seed treatments in test strips such as...

best- seed germination Best Farming Systems Products
stoller- bio-forge, stimulate Stimulate Plus Bio-Forge | Stoller Enterprises Ltd. | Ethylene Management
Atp nutrion- preCede seed treatment PreCede Canola | ATP Nutrition
NutriRx- emerge seed treatment Emerge Canola | NutriRX

some of these products are advertised to be hormone products, fertilizer coatings, or microbial stimulators
I am trying these to see whats effective and whats not but a liquid fert rep told me not to waste my money on "the pink ****" so i found all the other "snake oil" companies and will search for the truth haha
Looking forward to seeing these results too. Looking into doing some of my own trials mainly on some of the Loveland products that CPS is pushing.

·
Registered
430 Posts
I haven't treated any seed since my dad died in 96. Always know the disease specs on the seed and the only issue I ever had was smut in barley we bought without knowing the seed specs. Lots of snake oil around! Cold ground is not good.

·
Registered
849 Posts
did anyone actually run some trials on precede?
I used pecede, releaf from apt on yellow peas. You could visually see the difference as the peas were ripening but the yeild increase only covered the cost of the product so basically a wash for me and apt made some money... it was a few years back and i dont remember the price of peas but it was 15$ acre gross more where the precede/releaf was. The whole field got fungicide.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts