The Combine Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,

Was combining last week but I can't seem to get my sample as clean as I would want to. Soybean hulls, some pods still full. Not crazy dirty or anything. I'm running the combine with the following: cylinder clearance 3/8, speed 625 and wind speed at about 6. I'm likely losing some out the back.

Is this the correct chaffer; here are a few pics?

Attachments

·
Premium Member
66 Posts
Yup that is the round tooth corn chaffer, get rid of that thing, if you read in the manual it lists all the types of chaffers and gives pictures as well. The description of that one says higher capacity in corn, worse cleaning.

I see you also have a screen below the chaffer, I'd 86 that as well.

I have an F3 corn/soy model and when doing beans always use the standard chaffer with square teeth.

I usually run lots of wind and the chaffer and bottle sieve fairly wide open.

Get the air to do the cleaning rather than the chaffer.

My sample is always very clean.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
chaffer help

I have a smaller one it's 1 and 1/8 but I noticed it's shorter that this long tooth chaffer. The manual shows 4 types and I own 2. The little chaffer ends before the shoe tailgate while the longer chaffer continues to the end of the shoe tailgate and has a tailings adjustment section. Could the little chaffer actually be a small sieve that I got with the machine when I bought it ? Just wondering.

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.