The Combine Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was wondering on how the swather heads and disc bine head are working for the guys who have them we cut canola an barley silage with the draper head and sometimes wheat if it needs and alfalfa and grass hay mixes with disc bine currently run a Macdon sickle head and draper just the price to go to a new Macdon is a little more than it's worth so in on the hunt need to upgrade but not sure what to get yet Macdon is one of the m series

Posted via Topify using iPhone/iPad

·
Registered
41 Posts
We had a challenger before the Macdonald my advice is run from the challenger complete crap Kramer lived on my yard when I owned mine nothing but trouble with let ricks and knive it just ate gards
Luckily I traded it before the bad name got there we went from that to m 100 for years now on a 155 great machines easy to trade

·
Registered
2,428 Posts
We had a challenger before the Macdonald my advice is run from the challenger complete crap Kramer lived on my yard when I owned mine nothing but trouble with let ricks and knive it just ate gards
Luckily I traded it before the bad name got there we went from that to m 100 for years now on a 155 great machines easy to trade
Not sure what trouble with let ricks and knive it just ate guards is?

The newest razor bar disc mower is second to none, and the WR series power units have been good machines. There were a few problems when they first came out but the uodates have made them run great.

Agco has just introduced a 5300 series draper head, it has dual sickle drive now. Don't know much about it as of now but it sound like it will be a good head.

·
Registered
125 Posts
we just received a 40 ft 5300 draper header. We are putting it on a WR9870 and gonna put it thru its paces...will see how she does.

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
What changes have they made to the 5300 vs the 5200?

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
You should post some pictures, and Tell AGCO to up date there website

1 - 8 of 8 Posts