proportional solenoid

Open Circuit

------------

SA 162 Aux Valve 2

SPN:158 FMI:18 OC:1

Keyswitch battery potential
Below normal operating range
-----------

Both 2 and 4 are not working when I move the levers for them. Are the hyd valves needing replacement or is this possibly and electrical issue like a ground??

·
Registered
1,451 Posts
I had a 965 that one circuit wasn’t working. Turned out it was a broken wire that is the control of flow in the block by the couplers. My teck opened up the module in the cab floor, just to the right of the seat, to get at one end of the wire. The other end is easier to get at to run a piece of 14 ga between ends and do a continuity check. That was it and didn’t have trouble after that. I hope that’s all is for you. An earlier tech changed the control lever in the console ($560) plus the labour and didn’t fix it. I guess that can fail also.

·
Premium Member
8,214 Posts
C series always failing the modules back on the valve block, requires a tech and computer to program the new one after changing. I gather weather and dirt/moisture gets in there and causes the failures, and that new ones being made are sealed differently to prevent this. I almost wonder if there should be a little roof built over that area to keep it dry...

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Have a tech coming out. Everything is pointing to the modules. $1000 each x6. At least Agco has a program where they pay 1/2 the cost of parts 1x.

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Let me correct that for you: "Agco has a program where they make approximately 50% as much on the parts".;)
Very true. For what there is for $1000 it should only be a couple $100 at the most. Would think even at 50% of what parts sell for it would pay for the fancy dealerships and trucks but thats a whole different discussion. Just happy I am up and going again.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts