The Combine Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone just trying to find out how much weight I can put on the nose and on the idlers?

Can't seem find if anywhere, need front weight for our linkage spreader holds 4.8T

Cheers

·
Registered
758 Posts
Hey everyone just trying to find out how much weight I can put on the nose and on the idlers?

Can't seem find if anywhere, need front weight for our linkage spreader holds 4.8T

Cheers
Go to the AGCO site and check the Challenger track tractor page where you can down load a brochure, i that box it lets you ballast a MT765e series which would be similar to your MT765d

·
Registered
184 Posts
We had a 765B and i am fairly sure we had 4 of the axle weights on each side of the wheel, so 8 each wheel, from memory i think they were about 80KG each. The rack on the front should handle a full compliment of the suitcase weights.
Maybe put the suitcase ones on when spreading and take some off when doing other drawbar jobs.

·
Registered
31 Posts
We had a 765B and i am fairly sure we had 4 of the axle weights on each side of the wheel, so 8 each wheel, from memory i think they were about 80KG each. The rack on the front should handle a full compliment of the suitcase weights.
Maybe put the suitcase ones on when spreading and take some off when doing other drawbar jobs.
The parts book shows you can hang 26 100# suitcase weights on the front. They show up to 28 125# idler weights that would be 7 on each side of the wheels. In a manual some where I read only 1 weight difference between inside and outside of each wheel. Then they show 18 75# suitcase weight hanging on a bracket above the bogie wheels 9 each side. So 2600 # , 3500 # & 1350 # for a total of 7450#. We have found that the weights in the tracks make it ride smoother. I think they keeps the tracks flatter along the ground, it helps keep the back wheel from dropping in holes, while letting the cushion on the front bar have full movement by not having front weights. I know that the front weights offset more weight because of the distance from the 3pt.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts