The Combine Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I know I've started a previous thread about changing my tm190 for a deere 8120 but it's been canned because no 3pl which is a deal breaker and I've been looking around for other tractors. A new machine isn't really going to be feasible as it's only doing around 300 hours per year. It needs to be around 200hp and must have a loader so open to all options.

I've been and looked at 2010 case puma 225 cvt today with 2400 hours, loader and duals. It is also auto steer ready which would make putting my Autofarm a5 on it pretty easy. After having never driven a cvt, it was weird as but once I got the hang of it, it was brilliant and would love one! A few small things seemed a bit odd but I think it's just because I'm not used to it.

Would love a fendt but can't find any with a loader and required hp. Also all ND hand fendts are horridly expensive. Found a deere 7215R but have heard some have big electrical issues and next door neighbour hasn't had a good run with his ivt. Finding a 20 or 30 deere with loader is quite difficult. We have most dealers within an hour of us but avoiding massey like the plague.

Cheers

Mark

·
Registered
149 Posts
What was the issue your neighbour had with IVT? I've had a 7920 since 2005, no great dramas so far in 4800 hrs. The only thing to watch is the front drive shaft uni joints, they tend to go around 4000 hrs. It has been used on the big baler, spraying and airseeder. If it were me I'd be putting one on the shopping list, I've seen a few traded now with loaders and reasonable hrs

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The whole Massey thing is to do with the dealer. They aren't that great (and that is putting it politely).

I think my neighbour has had issues with the ivt hydraulic pump (???) but it's cost him a fair bit of coin and since then has replaced his old 7410 deere with a T7.170 new holland.

Big lil, which dealers should I be looking at for a deere? Been looking through Chesterfield and vanderfield. It's a bit of an odd combo for a tractor.

·
Registered
149 Posts
There is a couple listed on farmmachinerysales.com.au for private sale in NSW. One has only done 3950 hrs, but no loader or TLS. The other one has a near new loader but 7300 hrs. Hutcheon and Pearce did have one at Cowra but I think it gone

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
So the 225 cvt puma has sold but found a puma 165 cvt and been offered it with a new loader for the same money as the 225 and can put a steinbauer chip on it to get it up to 205hp. Only done 2700 hours. The 165 runs the same motor tranny & frame size as the 225 but just not the rated power so that's an option.

Not much luck finding a ivt deere with loader for reasonable money without ridiculous hours on it.

·
Registered
4,497 Posts
Mark, buy a Deere mate, don't get a bloody puma or Massey tractor (the dealers down our way are useless).

Don't worry if it's 8120-30 to 8420-30, it wil only use the fuel it requires, the only difference being abit more at idle.

You buy right and take your time you will loose f all on it as far as depreciation with a deere and if if times get tough you know you can keep and it won't be a time bomb. I don't have a lot to do with IVT but for seeding at slow speed I would be pretty confident, if you doing bulk discing flogging the **** out of the thing I'd go power shift...

You've done alot of great work with building your seeder, top it off with the best tractor, don't let yourself down.

That's the best advice I can give and even though I worked for deere I am not a biased deere colour blind person, it's just common sense at the end of the day.

Ant....

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
8120, 2600hrs, IVT, PTO and loader, no linkage listed on farm tender at the moment for $95000.
It's a power shift not ivt. And no 3pl is a bit of a deal breaker when I have a linkage k line speed tiller. It's a very neat and tidy tractor but no linkage kills it.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Been cruising around the numerous farm machinery websites and came across a jd 7930 ivt with loader but it's being sold with a 100ft 6000L goldacres boom. From what I heard the 7930's were lemons (too many electrical issues).

Ant, I wasn't sure about case pumas until I went and drove it and after driving a mates 7630 ivt the puma left it for dead. Way better transmission hands down, much better to drive. Found a puma 180 (which can be chipped to 225) over in WA and the fella said the price would be landed at home in vic which leads me to my next question, is there an independent company that will inspect machinery for interstate buyers? I do have relo's in quairading but it's a bit of a hike for them to go and look at it and I know they are busy. Any ideas or people worth calling would be great.

Cheers
Mark

·
Registered
350 Posts
sounds like its at a dealers so you should be ok or message me maybe able to organize something. i bought a mf 8260 2200 hrs was following thread

1 - 13 of 13 Posts