The Combine Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How big a job is it to change to a specialty rotor on a 1440? Can a specialty rotor be installed in any 1440?
How expensive are they?
How available?

·
Registered
134 Posts
If you like to do mechanical stuff changing it is not a big deal, but if you don't it could be difficult. Having a fork lift with a hole in the end of one of the forks makes the whole job alot easier and safer. You just put a clevis on the fork and chain the clevis to the front rotor shaft and you can slide it right out or back in. A specialty rotor will slide right in without any combine mods'. If you want a standard "specialty rotor". You should be able to find used or reconditioned ones all over. I think Worthington Ag Parts has both. The other option is an AFX "specialty rotor". It has the auger like flighting on the front of the rotor and in my experience really boosts productivity. I was very happy when I switched to the afx. Although the afx does cost some. I don't know for a 60 size, 4 or 5 thousand, something like that, could be wrong. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Yes, a specialty rotor could be installed on a 1440, same rotor all the way from 1440 up to 2366. Availability of used speciallty rotors should be good I would think with the # of guys switching out for afx rotors. I would expect to pick up a good used rotor for $1,500 - $2,500? While rotor is out would be an excellent time to replace any transport vanes.

·
Registered
18 Posts
thats right a forklift works best but have used tractor and loader also. we pull ours out every other year to really check things out. something we do that helps alot is we slide a 2' x 8' x1/2" piece of plywood under the rotor to help it slide out and in with out catching on grates or concaves.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts