The Combine Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Putting new rub bars on 88 series standard rotor,
Old ones had shims behind them up to 4mm thick in places mainly on the curved bars.
When I install the new bars what's the best method of getting even clearance around the rotor?i presume thats why the shims are there.theres a few dents in the rotor,i have the front 3 concaves removed.
I was thinking of a block of wood and spinning the rotor like trueing up a truck spider rim as long as the reference point could stay the same,
Any ideas?
Thanks.

·
Registered
3,259 Posts
First you have to instal the whole set and find the high bar. The high bar then does not get shims. Your dealer should have a jig you can borrow that looks like a concave end plate front and rear, then a rod that goes between them fore/aft with the machine. This way you can set it on the concave rod on the right and attach it to the adjuster on the left and pull it up to the highest bar with lots of room to work around the rotor. Once the high bar is found, mark it with something like a paint spot, then mark each shimmed bar with a different color or felt pen etc. so you dont loose your place. Once done, balance it and you'll have a rotor most others will be jealous of.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.