The Combine Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know that they are double bearing, and removing the non-drive rollers was a piece of cake.. But I can't get the drive rollers to budge.. I don't want to hammer on the hydraulic motor mounts too hard..
is there something I'm missing? are they attached at the front differently? shouldn't they slide off/out of the front mount. or does the double bearing make it that much more difficult?

·
Registered
135 Posts
To take it apart properly you have to remove the roller and sliding arm as a unit, then there is a bolt that holds the double bearing onto the roller shaft. The bearings are held in that arm with a nylon holder and it fits very tight, I have never been able to just get it to slide out. If you want to fix it quickly take a torch and heat up the bearing area of that arm, this will soften the nylon and it will come apart, of coarse you now need a new nylon holder as well as the bearings. To put it back together install the bearings and holder onto the roller, then drive the roller and bearing assembly into the arm, best to remove the hyd motor from the roller to do this.

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
tried to loosen the set screws that hold the Hydraulic motor to the roller, can't get them to budge.. is there a locking set screw? with everything still on the header sight lines aren't good and I can't tell?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.