The Combine Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3,629 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We have our 7660 Spra-Coup in the shop and need to get the accumulators checked/charged. See there is kits to do it yourself. Does anyone do their own? Have recommendations? Manual says they should be checked every year, would get pretty costly to get a service charge every year for that so thought about looking into doing it ourselves.

·
Premium Member
4,996 Posts
I have a kit to do recharges, think it was about a hundred bucks off ebay twenty years ago, is very simple, was made by some outfit in Quebec, regulator with necessary tank fittings and hoses and a heavy duty screw on schrader valve fitting. Originally had it for recharging the recoil cylinders on my old Terex cat. Used to keep a large bottle of nitrogen around back in those days as I was doing lots of machinery repairs and word got around that I did recharges on accumulators as well. Had the bottle contracts with Liquid Air in those days, and when I got to where I didn't do much anymore I gave the bottle back and the few times I really needed some for myself I had friends who had access and could loan me a bottle. I have thought about buying my own, but its an expense I really don't see paying off with the little I would use now.
Guess the real point is, the rigging to do it is cheap enough, but unless you are going to do lots, because of the bottle cost, probably cheaper to remove the accumulators and take them to a dealership or tire shop that is set up for putting nitrogen in tires.

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
It's simple to set up with right heavy Schrader fitting a hose, regulator, gauge and a quality valve close to the Schrader.
I have a bottle of nitrogen I used to charge Bobcat hyd breakers.
But just dont get a contract bottle. I get all my gas from a local shop that you pay the deposit on the bottle once and whenever you need a fill just go in and exchange for a full bottle and pay for gas. Then just make sure to shut the bottle off when your done, get a small one, it will last a long time.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts