The Combine Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,668 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Land vehicle Vehicle Tractor Transport Agricultural machinery

The problem now is I have raised the bin by ~300mm, the specs say its ok but I am concerned that the auger on the sts will not clear the folded auger on the chaser. If that is the case I might have to rush to the next modification I want to do which is to put a conveyor on the side for unloading on the tramlines.

The job including labour would be nearly ten thousand dollars so far.

I think I also have to lower and extend the drawbar to level the bin. It was originally tail low when full of wheat.

·
Registered
1,668 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I left that up to my boilermaker , he just squared them up on each beam then when he cut out the holes for the bushes, he inserted the bushes in the holes with the shaft in place. Then he got the two walking axels in the measured out location on the floor and temporarily welded them together while he tacked in the bushes to the beams. Then it was a matter of welding them up whilst quenching the heat to stop the nylon from melting. We had all the wheels on by major welding time which gave us better access rather than flipping the assembly we just did it from underneath. Then wheeled it under the bin and levered it around till it was square and welded it in place.

·
Registered
1,668 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
A couple coats of John Deere Green, Nig, and you`d never know!;)
It's on the cards; I have an old photo of it when it was yellow without the hungury boards. It's come a long way. I remember when we bought it new in 1983, it was the fith one Holtfretters made. Still going strong...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.