The Combine Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
We have a 9660sts that just had its warranty run out and we are debating on whether or not to chip the engine computer up to the equivalent of a 9760sts. The machines and engines are exactly the same; the only difference that we were told between the 96 and the 97 was the engine's chip. I guess I am wondering if there is anyone out there who has done this or thinks this may be a very BAD idea. If anybody knows of the best person or company to contact on this issue let me know.
Thanks!

Safe Harvesting

·
Premium Member
385 Posts
It is hard to say.

TS Performance advertises 20% fuel savings.

The guys I sold the units to for the six row pickers said there chips were paid for in 5 tanks of fuel.

The pickers are speed limited by the hydro's and sync with the drums turning in the heads.So they can't really push the speed past a certain point.With a combine you can push it faster so you could possible use the fuel savings by overloading the machine past capacity.

So if you used a little common sense and didn't overload the machine past it's capacity you could gain some useful speed and also save on fuel.

Just my two cents.

Maxie

·
Registered
400 Posts
yes the machnes and engines are the same, however the 97's do have one more set of clutch disks in the main engine gearcase.
fyi

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
Ok so how much is a TS chip for a 2007 9660 STS? I also see a shift modifier on TS's website for a 2007 Dodge Ram, don't need anymore power it has plenty but the tranny is a little annoying when pulling as far as the shift patterns. Anyone have so feedback on this unit? Thanks

·
Premium Member
385 Posts
Hi there.
I will have a chip fora combine or tractor delivered to your door in the US and Canada for $495.00.

I will have to get the pricing on the respeed for you Monday.

If your engine is 5.9 I can ship a transmission recalibration box for $299.00.

Maxie

·
Registered
181 Posts
How come no one asked the original poster what engine he had in his 9660? If I remember right, they came with the 8.1, then later the 9 liter. A neighbor did try a chip (canadian) in his 8330T. Fired off all sorts of codes, derated the engine, etc. Took it off, problems went away. The coding may change from year to year as they asked him what year his tractor was.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts