The Combine Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My dealer is wanting to trade me an 07 7010 for my 98 2388 and I was wondering what hp can the 07's be chipped too if I find that I need more hp? Is the stock HP that year 350?

·
Registered
975 Posts
So Joe where did this 7010 come from? Hoober? Are you getting it? If so let me know. TS boxes are pretty good but I have had problems with 1 cat and 1 Deere. So If you do it make sure it is right and the person will straighten it out if you have problems. I'm working through the problems with the Deere box now.

Good Luck

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I've had a chance to run the 7010 and I am impressed with the machine overall but I was hoping to find that it would be quite a bit stronger than my 2388. Although it does have the edge in hp and lugging abilty it didn't by any means run away from the 88. Both machines are running 35' drapers. I did find that the 7010 was more productive but not by a very large margin, if I make the deal and trade I'm sure by next wheat harvest I'll be looking to chip it. I've run the machine in boost mode and power rise but never really saw a diference between the two modes. Which mode do you guys recommend? The wider feeder house was a very big plus as well as the cab. The longer wheel base and 4wd of the 7010 was also a benefit when picking up the draper. I've heard some guys mention poor samples in the tank but I thought that the grain sample was very good, just as good as my 2377/88 machines and at times better. I think the top seive is set at 16 and the bottom at 12.
I haven't spent much time in the machine so far but from the time I have run it and getting my brothers opinion of it as well we both like the machine and are strongly considering the trade. We both would like to see it have some more hp though.......

·
Premium Member
385 Posts
Hi

I am now working with another company that makes a box for the Iveco engines in the 7120/8120/9120 and the Steigers.It cost less than Steinbaour but more than TS.

The TS box only works on the very early 7010 with the sensor on the fuel rail not under the valve cover,they work well if it would connect.

Have sold and installed 4 of the new units so far and the people are happy with them.

TIA

Amax

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks, my dealer is sending a mechanic over tomorrow, I'll ask him then where the sensor is located.

Joe

1 - 11 of 11 Posts